There are several roofing services to choose from for your home, and each roofing service has its own advantages and disadvantages.
A roof repair fixes problems like leaky roofs, water damage, high wind damage, and general wear and tear.
- Cost-effective if the damage is limited to a small area
- Can be completed quickly, especially if bad weather is expected
- Helps the roof reach its entire lifespan
- Costly if there’s a significant amount of damage; increased labor costs
- Repairs are temporary; the original roof is still limited by its age and quality
- Underlying issues, such as a sagging roof, may be overlooked
Roof restoration is the process of applying roof coating products to improve the quality of the roof. The goal of roof restoration is to restore the roof to like-new condition. Roof coatings are only used on flat roof systems, including fiberglass and emulsion, TPO, and PVC.
Is roof restoration worth it? Here are some pros and cons of this roofing service:
- Enhances the value of your building
- Withstands high winds and strong storms
- Extends the life of your roof
- More expensive than repairs
- Doesn’t address structural issues
- Requires significant prep work
- Weather-sensitive installation
As much as homeowners like to avoid this option, sometimes it’s the best solution for maintaining the structure of your house. A roof replacement involves tearing off everything from the roof to the deck and installing new underlayment and shingles.
- Increases the value of your home
- Maintains homeowners insurance coverage
- Improves home’s energy efficiency
- Most expensive roofing service option
- Takes a while before the project is complete
- Inconvenient and disruptive to your home
When asking yourself, “should I repair or replace my roof?” consider your options. Whether you choose to repair, restore, or replace your home’s roof, make sure you contact Leak Seal Roofing, the Pacific Northwest’s trusted roofing contractor.
Homes are an investment, and every homeowner’s budget is different. Depending on the severity of the damage to your home’s roof, measures can be taken to fix some of its issues.
Here’s a breakdown of the typical costs of each roofing service (from the most budget-friendly to most expensive):
- Repair: The average roof repair cost is $950. However, this is dependent on the area served and the time of year the repairs are performed.
- Restoration: Roof coating projects are, on average, between $0.65 to $5 per square foot. This depends on the type of coating applied and the square footage of your roof.
- Replacement: The national average cost to replace a roof is approximately $8,000. For most roof replacements, homeowners spend between $5,240 and $14,108.
Many factors come into play when deciding whether to replace the roof of your home. While restoring or repairing a roof may be more cost-effective, the amount of damage and wear your roof has also plays a significant role in costs.
Whether you have an asphalt, slate, or metal roof, they will all need to be replaced at some point. Here are some signs that you should replace your home’s roof:
- Shingle roofing edges are curled, cupped, or cracked
- Granules are missing, exposing bald spots
- The roof is at least 20 years old (or earlier, in many cases)
- Looks old and torn
- Dark streaks from airborne algae
- Growth of moss
If your home’s roof checks some if not all of these boxes, you should heavily consider a roof replacement with a trusted roofing contractor.
The roofing service you choose should depend on the severity of your roofing issues and your budget. Leak Seal Roofing is a leading roofing company in the Pacific Northwest. With over 2,000 clients served and 3,000 roofing projects completed, we have the experience to help you find the best service for your home’s roof. Contact us today to get a quote on your next roofing project!